Tuesday, November 4, 2008

IMPORTING INTO UT3

ERROR

I had a problem with exporting my model from 3ds Max to UT3. Everything seems to be fine but the texture did not apply to the model. This is the error message that I got:

“ASE Importer Error: Did you forget to include geometry AND materials in the export? Faces: 121251, Texture Cooridates (Channel 0) 0”

Before I seek help, I had applied material to the model in 3dsMax again and tried to export it to UT3 many times. I still could not work it out so I decided to ask help from Russell and Graham. The problem is quite normal. It is not the problem with texture or material but what I need to do is only ‘using these settings’ before exporting. After I found the solution, it became very easy, no matter many models I have to transfer. The images below show my X, Y, and void models from the previous experiment.

Thank you to Russell and Graham.

SUCCESS


No comments: